[Home] [Downloads] [Search] [Help/forum]

Register forum user name Search FAQ

Gammon Forum

[Folder]  Entire forum
-> [Folder]  MUSHclient
. -> [Folder]  Lua
. . -> [Subject]  can't download dropbox public links

can't download dropbox public links

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Pages: 1  2 

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #15 on Wed 30 Jul 2014 08:06 PM (UTC)
Maybe it's in his Windows/System32 directory.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Posted by Victorious   (89 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #16 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 02:15 AM (UTC)
Yup, its already in my windows/system32 directory. I think my version of the dll is different from the one you include Fiendish, because when I copied the one from my windows/system32 directory into the mushclient folder, it worked fine with screen readers.
[Go to top] top

Posted by Fiendish   USA  (2,514 posts)  [Biography] bio   Global Moderator
Date Reply #17 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 04:19 AM (UTC)
Interesting. Can you send it to me somehow?

https://github.com/fiendish/aardwolfclientpackage
[Go to top] top

Posted by Nick Gammon   Australia  (22,975 posts)  [Biography] bio   Forum Administrator
Date Reply #18 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 05:14 AM (UTC)
See: http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=12520&reply=5#reply5

One of you could report to the other one the version, timestamp, size, etc. from the Dependency Walker.

- Nick Gammon

www.gammon.com.au, www.mushclient.com
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #19 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 05:46 AM (UTC)

[Go to top] top

Posted by Ruthgul   (18 posts)  [Biography] bio
Date Reply #20 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 06:49 AM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 31 Jul 2014 10:46 AM (UTC) by Ruthgul

Thank you for this thread. I was having a similar issue and the answers here have been very helpful.

About llthreads, it can be linked statically, so it doesn't require the MSVCR100.dll file. I managed to do so by following the instructions here:
http://www.rhyous.com/2010/09/16/avoiding-the-msvcr100-dll-or-msvcr100d-dll
(The resulting .DLL is bigger, around 180k, but yet smaller than MSVCR100.dll.)

I recompiled/linked llthreads and luasec to work with lua5.1.dll, and they seem to be doing fine on the tests I've run so far.
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #21 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 08:56 AM (UTC)
File description Microsoft® C Runtime Library
Type Application extension
File version 10.0.40219.325
Product name Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2010

You can get this at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2138237/msvcr100.dll
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #22 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 11:30 AM (UTC)
Since we can now check whether a thread has completed its job, the next step for me was to try to create something like a wait.lua that would allow you to pause execution and resume it when a thread completed. My attempts were pretty far from successful though :(
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #23 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 11:35 AM (UTC)
I got this working with the vanilla version of llthreads, which doesn't support thread:alive(). I make a list of files that require to be updated, based on a Dropbox file that has a list of current versions, and queue/download them ok.

I can share the code if you want, though it's not necessarily pretty. It uses global variables and a timer.

I'm pretty sure there's a more elegant solution, which of course is eluding me. :)
[Go to top] top

Date Reply #24 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 03:05 PM (UTC)

Amended on Thu 31 Jul 2014 03:24 PM (UTC) by Fiendish

I got this working with the vanilla version of llthreads, which doesn't support thread:alive(). I make a list of files that require to be updated, based on a Dropbox file that has a list of current versions, and queue/download them ok.

Are you polling file timestamps/hashes, or do you only work with files that contain their own version information?

[Go to top] top

Date Reply #25 on Thu 31 Jul 2014 04:54 PM (UTC)

Ruthgul said:

Are you polling file timestamps/hashes, or do you only work with files that contain their own version information?

At this moment I'm rewriting the scripts, so we're in transition.

The old version is very primitive. It only supports plugins that include 2 functions, called via CallPlugin(), to check which files the plugin uses. So users needs to run an alias to update a particular plugin, or all of them, and the script doesn't check if the files in my Dropbox are actually newer.

For the new version, I'm keeping the modification timestamps in a text file in my Dropbox (auto-generated by a script every X minutes). The new script detects which plugins are outdated by checing the date_modified field in the XML header of plugins vs those timestamps. I still haven't decided how to handle other files (modules, images, etc.). For now, they're all updated, brute-force, but I'll probably use hashes when I get to that stage.

Also, I rebuilt llthreads.dll, and it's 72 kbytes, statically linked (so it doesn't require msvcr100.dll.) I had toggled some stuff for testing, which made the file bigger.
[Go to top] top

The dates and times for posts above are shown in Universal Co-ordinated Time (UTC).

To show them in your local time you can join the forum, and then set the 'time correction' field in your profile to the number of hours difference between your location and UTC time.

66,846 views.

This is page 2, subject is 2 pages long:  [Previous page]  1  2 

It is now over 60 days since the last post. This thread is closed.     [Refresh] Refresh page

Go to topic:           Search the forum

[Go to top] top

Quick links: MUSHclient. MUSHclient help. Forum shortcuts. Posting templates. Lua modules. Lua documentation.

Information and images on this site are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License unless stated otherwise.

[Home]

Written by Nick Gammon - 5K   profile for Nick Gammon on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites   Marriage equality

Comments to: Gammon Software support
[RH click to get RSS URL] Forum RSS feed ( https://gammon.com.au/rss/forum.xml )

[Best viewed with any browser - 2K]    [Hosted at HostDash]